Saturday, October 3, 2015

City Carrier Assistant to Regular Carrier Transition

               

                     


             First of all, I would like to apologize for such a late post. It has definitely been a transition in my life. Although I am very thankful for the change it's going to take some getting used to.  I know that you would think that it would be easy but its a lot to learn all at once. First, management has a hard time remembering that you are now a regular and that you will not be getting a part route(this is if you are not on the Overtime Desired List of course).I do not plan on being on the ODL for a while, its time to rest. The first week nothing really happens. You are waiting for management to cut you a new PS Form 50, which will eventually come in the mail. I have yet to receive mine but if you go to liteblue and click on the personnel folder you will be able to view it as early as the following week. This week I was able to enroll in TSP, FEHB, and FEDVIP. There are several plans to choose from and this site will help you  with health insurance (https://www.fepblue.org/en/benefit-plans/enrollment/) and this site with dental and vision (https://www.fepblue.org/en/benefit-plans/coverage/dental-and-vision/). You will use Postal Ease to enroll in the benefits and this was available the next Sunday after the day I made regular. Also do not, I repeat DO NOT expect your pay to change immediately. This will take about two pay periods and the postal service will back pay you from the time you made regular. If you are participating in the CCA Retirement Program and you are wanting to transfer your funds to your TSP here is the number to the MBA 202-638-4318 and they are only available Monday- Friday 8 a.m.-3:30 EST. So far it has been a great adjustment and I actually look forward to going to work. I feel for the fellow CCA's that are in our office because there are times where they are abused and I can definitely empathize with them. I always told the regulars in our office that I would be an irregular regular because I understand what its like to be on the other side. I am the first CCA to be converted in our office and the other CCA's where losing hope and needless to say, so was I. All I can say to them is hold on and that it will get better once you cross the threshold. All over, I will probably repeat this after every post. Remember the purpose of this blog, everyone should get involved in pushing the CCA buy back option. It is the very first post on this blog and I advise to everyone not only CCA's to get involved, get your unions involved, and take a stand for what is right and what is due to everyone that has given time to the Postal Service. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, now lets push this plan.